Distributed Rendering not Working - Max 9, VRay 1.5 RC3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a software license issue?
    We can't get some of our slaves to pick up a license since installing R3. Have tried everything including copy the patch dll over the new install dll?

???

Oh - and this is good ole, hard working max 6.
    www.studio2a.co

Comment

Originally posted by meanadam
      Is this a software license issue?
      We can't get some of our slaves to pick up a license since installing R3. Have tried everything including copy the patch dll over the new install dll?

???

Oh - and this is good ole, hard working max 6.
      You need to install on the render slaves with the "software license" option (*do not* copy any .dlls from other v-ray versions). This will cause the slaves to not require a license at all when 3dsmax is started in slave mode.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Oops.... heh... I think we were launching the new Spawner, and not the max6 version.

thanks.
        www.studio2a.co

Comment

I don't mean to dig up an old post but I just installed RC3 on a fresh workstation w/ max9 and am having problems w/ the DR picking up all the processors of my slave machines. My host machine shows 4 buckets but I only get one bucket per slave machine. Each slave is a dual/dual set up that used to show 4 buckets per machine. Each slave is showing about 30% usage in the task manager. Any Ideas what I might be doing wrong? Sorry if my terminology is off but I think that you get the point. I miss my 30 buckets.

Thanks
          E

Comment

got the same problem here.. only one bucket per slave, on dual dual machines

Comment

Originally posted by cashgrow
              got the same problem here.. only one bucket per slave, on dual dual machines
              This is a bug in max9; please see the Announcement thread for RC3 - it contains a work-around (manually setting the desired number of threads).

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hi vlado

i second the post of vergefio...same problem here...

rendered old max6-rc2 scene, and most of the slaves didn´t render...i coul´d only render it with dynamic geometry...

in max6-rc2 it was never a problem (and we had MUCH bigger scenes)...max9 rc3 it is mostly like this...only to render with dynamic geometry...

seems like a memory issue...

thomes

Comment

Working...
                X