Vray light exclusion - but not from reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray light exclusion - but not from reflection

I'm creating a scene at the moment which includes a yacht and some water. The image is going to have a 'studio' look to it rather than an outdoor type look.

So, I've got a key light (direct) which lights both the yacht and the water. The background is black, so to get some definition against the background I've added a rim light (very large vray light).

The rim light is only needed for the yacht, not the water.

So, I exclude the water from the rim light in the usual way.

The water (which is very eflective) doesn't receive any light (which is what I was expecting) BUT it still picks up the light in the reflection. This I wasn't expecting.

Shouldn't the light be excluded from all effects on the objects in the exclude list?... or is there another way to exclude reflections of lights?

Thanks,

Rob.
    .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

You need to uncheck the "Affect specular" option in the vray light rollout.
    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Oh. But wont that affect the yacht as well? or does does that relate only to objects in the 'exclude' list.

I'll give it a try any how.

Comment

Just tried it.

That's just the effect I'm looking for, although it applies it to the whole scene.

I was rather hoping that by putting the water object in the exclude list it would have this same effect but just for that object.

Comment

Working...
        X