DR texture bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR texture bug

When opening a scene created out of house that references textures that arnt located in the correct locations anymore, I would place these textures into a special directory that is only used for this one job

for example maps\jobname

and just bunch them all in there -

when the scene loads, it says missing maps and i would ad the directory to the list of directories that it will look at - and it will find them and work just fine

however if you then use DR singleframe rendering- the DR machines wont pick up the textures even though they have access to this directory through the network.

i doubt the slaves are set to have any texture paths by default however, shouldnt the DR system be passing on texture path info anyway?
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

I'm guessing that if you don't run the slaves as a service, they will find the textures fine.

If you run the spawner as a service, you need to make sure to set a proper login name and password for the service, since the service runs before you even log in.

It's my guess.

Comment

no they are auto logging in, and then running the spawner as a startup program.
      WerT
      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Not really a bug. You'll have to update the ini on the slave to include the new path. probably better to change them all in "asset tracking" you can change the paths there in a couple of seconds and be done.
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

you could just use the bitmap/photometric path editor and point each texture to its new location that way the info will be saved with the max file and sent onto the slaves.

Comment

Yes, I have noticed this too. You have to update the paths. Max 9 has the asset tracker (file menu).

Still a pain, gets even worse if you have a lot of xrefs.
            www.studio2a.co

Comment

Working...
            X