vray phys cam and camera override?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray phys cam and camera override?

Seems silly, but I can't seem to get the vray physical cam to render out a spherical image using the camera override rollout in the render dialogue. Am I just forgetting something here?? It just ignores everything.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

That seems to only work with standard cameras, Percy.

I hope you didn't expose your scene

Lele

Comment

On scenes where I have used an exposed phys. camera I've had pretty good luck adjusting the light/dark multipliers in the color mapping rollout to acheive decent results with a standard camera. I can't remember the specific settings but it was a pretty easy ajustment from what I remember. I'll see if I can drag up that scene file...

David
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

I didn't get far. I'm just trying to render out some panorama skies using the sun/sky system, for use in more 'standard' type of scenes. Tried using standard camera and lowering the sun/sky multiplier but couldn't get anything useable frankly. Is there a simple conversion?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

You will need to use a standard camera in that case; you can either change the color mapping parameters or lower the sun intensity to bright the lighting down.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Is there a reason why you can't render out panos using the vray camera? Some technical roadblock?

Comment

I think mainly cause its meant to be a "physical" camera, so without a VraySpherocam attachment it aint going to happen

Comment

Yeah, we need the VraySpheronCam
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

I guess, you can always position a sphere right in front of the vray camera and render that. Good old "ball bearing" method he,he

Regards

Zoran

Comment

percy- check out my reply at the bottom of this thread...

http://chaosgroup.com/forum/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=19350
                    Chris Jackson
                    Shiftmedia
                    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Seeing as how this came up a number of times recently, I suppose it will be better if the camera overrides worked with the physical camera as well, where the physical camera would only provide the exposure settings, what do you think?

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

that would be great vlado. It would save a lot of messing around.
                        Chris Jackson
                        Shiftmedia
                        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

As Captain Jean-Luc Picard once said " Make it so!!"

Comment

Yeah this would be a great addition. When I'm starting an interior I have to make a judgement call of whether to adjust the sun settings (i.e. .01) or leave it normal and expose the camera depending on any planned QTVR shots.
                            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                              Seeing as how this came up a number of times recently, I suppose it will be better if the camera overrides worked with the physical camera as well, where the physical camera would only provide the exposure settings, what do you think?

Best regards,
                              Vlado
                              It´s some time ago...

I use 1.50 SP2 and it still doesn´t work. Will this be implemented and if so when?

Sascha

Comment

Working...
                              X