Distributed Rendering Problem: Spurious frame Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering Problem: Spurious frame Number

On one of our farm machines, which is set up more or less the same as all the others, when doing a distributed render the Vray Messages box says Server 192. etc: Starting Frame 973569 (this number changes every attempt, but is always huge). Then the next line is correct : Starting Frame 0, but it keeps repeating this line and doesn't render. It will work correctly as a regular network render. Does anyone have any idea of what I can try to check out?

are the machines a mix of 32/64 bits?

Comment

@ dennisqdw

I have seen this as well. Reason: different V-Ray versions.
      Make sure all your machines use exactly one and the same version.

Best regards,
      nikki Candelero
      .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Yes, the machines are a mix of 64/32. I think that I solved the problem by reinstalling the service. But I'm unclear on whether or not the services are different depending on whether you install from the 32 bit or the 64 bit version. There appears to be only one and they appear to be the same, but I haven't had a chance to test this yet. If they are different this could perhaps be the problem that nikki Candelero is referring to. If anyone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate it. I'll post when I get more information on this topic.

--ds

Comment

This is a problem with mixed 32-/64-bit DR which is already corrected for newer builds.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I'm using 1.50 R3. Should I be using R4? and if so do I download the one called demo? that's all that I can find at your site.

Comment

The demo is watermarked so it will do you no good, but you can email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
              X