Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAX or Vray viewport bug continued

Hello guys,

This is what i ve been getting quite often with both versions on max...

Here is short explanation of what happens:
    - i am getting this with every single file i import dwg into
    - all viewport views r fine and clean...everything chages to this when i switch to perspective view
    - have applied one simple vray mat to all the objects in the scene and deleted all the layers containing the remains of the cad file....the problem persists...
    - have saved out the selection and merged into a new scene.....did not help

does anyone have similar problem? anyone knows solution this...have tried all daforces tips in the other thread but did not help also...

please help

thanks

Martin
    teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

i had that th other day....turned out it was a dwg (spline) that i had imported, once I deleted it eveything went back to normal.
    mdi-digital.com

Comment

sometimes it stays clean for a while but then reverts back to this
      thought it would be graphics card drivers, but i have tried this on all sorts of pcs...and still get this....its so annoying
      teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

how did u find out which one was doing it?
        teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

I have also experianced this on a couple of occasions using dx9 (max 8, vray 1.5 rc3)

It always looks like this when you switch to software viewport rendering, whether that has any baring on the situation.

Comment

the thing is that all the objects, all the remains of dwg were deleted so i dont know what may be causing it ((
            teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

don't know daforce tips ..but which driver is it ?
              heidi opengl or directx ?
              the cad objects are not simple planes ?
              have you uvw applieds on your objects ?
              i had this pbm sometimes and just correct it with display driver

Comment

i only found out is was a dwg by deleteing sectons of the model ultill I tracked down the problem...I might not be a dwg in youre case but somthng else.
                mdi-digital.com

Comment

and btw maybe u can try converting your mesh into poly .....sometimes it helps to resolve display pbms....

Comment

It happened to me when I was working in a wrong scale (my units were in meters and actually the model was mm or even smaller), try to scale everything up like 10/100 times and see if it helps...
                    Marco Mosetti
                    mosettiStudios
                    Architectural Renderings

Comment

mosetti: thats not the case...the dwg and the model is 1:1

BiTcH: all is in polys, dxdriver, might try downloading a new one for nvidia, no uvw in the scene, all the cad deleted....

mdi: yeah....i thought there would be some other way finding out the bugger

blitterswitch: yep ...happens on max 8 32bit vray 32bit and max9 64bit and vray 64bit

teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

from my point of view, maybe this has nothing to do with vray afterall,
                        because everytime i "do" things in perspective view, and the "perspective angle" is too narow close to axonometric angle, this things will happen. but if i change it to user view, everything seems right all of a sudden...

here is the sample of perspective view that has narrow viewing angle
                        (this happens to me when i use scroll to zoom in perspective view)

Shot at 2007-06-26

and here is the one with user view,

Shot at 2007-06-26

maybe it's max's perspective view that can't cope with extreme narrow
                        angle, but then again, this is only my opinion.

best regards,
                        Dominique Laksmana

Comment

yep thats exactly what i get....user view is fine and perspective one is crap....have to say though this did not used to happen to me b4....only recently...
                          teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

do you use "mouse scroll" often to zoom in and out?
                            usually when i do that, this will happen.
                            Dominique Laksmana

Comment

yep...sometimes its comes out clean from bigger distance but as i zoom in uzing mouse scroll this happens.....weird thing is that this doesnt happen to the clean file (meaning file with no dwg import)....it all looks like double faces.....and i have a bad feeling it also influences rendering edges
                              teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

Working...
                              X