• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha ha!
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Someone ever thought about doing a virtual light meter? I used to do a lot of architectural photography and that would've been totally impossible without good light meters.
      I think it's an insane job to figur out exposures with a trail and error method; it's like going back to the mid 19th century in photography. With trail and error lighting it takes ages to figur out lighting for a whole year day round and then you get a project at a very different geographical location and you can start again.

Marc

Comment

marc- Lele has done an exposimeter script which is similar to a virtual light meter. It basically renders 6 increments of the same image and calculates what your shutter speed or ISO should be.
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

dinamicly increase or decrease physical camera s exposure while rendering would be gr8....imo
          but yeah Lele s exposimiter is a quasi-perfect workaround too
          Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
          nuno@ene-digital.com
          00351 917593145

Comment

The script renders a small (user-selectable. small is always more than good enough) image with very fast settings to evaluate light distribution in 4 chunks of the image.
            Very much like the matrix exposure in dSLR cameras.
            You can customise weights for each part as well as brightness ranges to take into account.
            It supports auto-White-Balancing, custom presets and animation.

Have a go at it, it's in the script pack (fresh post in the OT section)
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

good boy lele
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Shutter Speed

When is shutter speed of 1000 - 1250 real world? Do you mean 100 -125? I am using the .255 method, or a least I thought I was. If you go through those videos he is doing the same thing. His shutter speed in the demon example was around 16 I think.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I left the settings for the camera at defaults.
                  Mind you, i never meant for the camera to be REAL-LIFE ACCURATE, only for it to expose properly and for light to look good (and withing the 0-1 range if at all possible/wished for).

And i played with the ISOs only, not with the shutter speed, not to confuse anyone (shutter speed is reciprocal of 1, ie. 1/125), so to double exposure you'd have to halve its number, which may be counter-intuitive to someone, whereas for the ISOs it's pretty straightforward.

Lele
                  Lele
                  Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                  ----------------------
                  emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                  The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I want to tell one practical good benefit of vray camera for arch-viz scenes.

if u have a site and u setup ur lighting. and if u need few camera shots:

in this case, with standard cameras I almost had to setup my lighting again, for each camera-to get nice views.
                    but now, if u make good lighting, then all u need to do is adjust the parameters of camera for most of the shots.
                    of course if u have a camera looking from opposite direction, in this case u will need to make a different setup.
                    but for many shots, only one light set-up and then tweaking camera parameters is enough.

so like the real world as in photography.
                    this is gr8 benefit for arch scenes.

Comment

Hey, that's cool, I will look into the matrix script. I promised some people to do a lecture on architectural photography at a 3d user event, could be a plus when I can make a direct link with Vray Ph cam, Sun and sky; translate the real world technology to the virtual.

Marc

Comment

hmm

sounds like that would be interesting done know if half the people in the room would know what your tlaking about but hey knock them socks off..
                        Ruben Gil
                        www.spvisionz.com
                        www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

Working...
                        X