1.5 DR bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5 DR bug?

If I create a scene that has some objects, but no lights in it and render with DR I get a black image. If I render that same scene without DR I'll get my image. I'm using the new 1.5. Anyone else experiencing this?

BTW...this is with GI turned off.

I seem to remember default max's lights are not supported in dr.

Comment

Ahh...that would do it. I never noticed it before.

Comment

Max lights are supported in DR, the default light is not however.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Yeah, the default light. When I read rivoli's post that what I was understanding him to say.

thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by gfa2
            Yeah, the default light. When I read rivoli's post that what I was understanding him to say.
            yep, I guess that's what I meant: default

Comment

on the topic of DR bugs..........

Does anyone else have the problem that when they render using IR map on a single machine with 3 passes, it works, but turn on DR and it only carries out one pass? Is there an option somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by m_hinks
                on the topic of DR bugs..........

Does anyone else have the problem that when they render using IR map on a single machine with 3 passes, it works, but turn on DR and it only carries out one pass? Is there an option somewhere?
                It is working, it's doing three passes per bucket.
                www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

so you mean it shows as only one pass, but in fact each bucket is doing the 3 passes in one go?

Comment

so you mean it shows as only one pass, but in fact each bucket is doing the 3 passes in one go?
                    Absolutely !
                    A single bucket (Core) is doing all the calculations for the bucket (all passes), as there is no SURE the same core would fall on the same bucket aftwerwards. That's why all the passes are done in a raw, and then the core keeps the info for it, which is Distributed to all the other render-nodes, before the start of the real rendering.

Best regards,
                    nikki Candelero
                    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Great, nice a clear answer.

My only problem now with DR is that my slaves start to "not respond" after a couple of renders, and now my current scene has no slaves picking up. I wonder if this is a lic problem, or network?

Was someone working on a GUI for DR?

Comment

Great, nice a clear answer.

My only problem now with DR is that my slaves start to "not respond" after a couple of renders
                        I get that too. I just restart max and everything is ok for a while more. Kind of puts a kink in your day...but for now it's better than just using one computer.

Comment

I tried restarting max on my workstation but they slaves still do not pick up the job. Of course if I restart all the machines, all get them to work, but again for only 4/5 render. PAINFUL!

Comment

Are you running your DR slaves as a service or a program? I run mine as a service and it seems to work really nice that way.

Comment

interesting, I have put the short cut link to the program in the startup folder of the slaves, so when they start they start it, along with the server.

How can I go about making it a service?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X