No announcement yet.

Microsoft Kernal patch problems maybe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Kernal patch problems maybe ?

Since updating the to the new kernal patch on windows xp 64 Im having issues with rendering. The scene seems to be going ok, it does lightcache, irr map and starts rendering, then gets about 20 buckets into the render and just sits there. - The render timer is still counting though.

My cpu performance all go down to 50% and when I try to abort the render I cant.

Im just going to take the upgrade off and see if that sorts it out...just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Update -

Well, ive uninstalled the update, in fact uninstalled all updates that were installed yesterday and it is still doing it.

Im making sure my temps are all ok, they seem fine to me.

Reinstalling max to see if that does anything. Very strange how this has just started happening.

Get my dongle tomorrow so will see if the new vray install sorts that out too.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Can anyone please help me out...Does anyone know why my render is suddenly stopping and causing my cpu usage to drop to 50% ??

I have quad core, running windows xp 64. It didnt used to do this, now for some reason on a particular scene it is doing it. Im pretty sure the scene isnt corrupt.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hi Steve,

It's difficult to say what the problem is from your description. Try enabling the VRay log window under the system tab and see if there are any warnings in there.

Sometimes overbright materials can stop the lightcache from finishing, also coinsident faces can cause it problems.

Dan
        Dan Brew

Comment

hmm, i just found a post regarding 2d displacement when using max 9 64 bit. There was no actual answer to help me solve this, but I found that turning off displacement has stopped this error. Displacement is only on one object (the floor panels).

Has this been fixed in the final release ?
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Try using 3d displacement instead - it can be more memory efficient sometimes.

Comment

ill give that a go. Thanks for the help
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

also try to set raybias to 0.01, there might be some unresolved rays that are causing the problems.
                Dmitry Vinnik
                Silhouette Images Inc.
                ShowReel:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Working...
                X