No announcement yet.

Irradiance map for animation bug/limitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may be a bit late for an answer but maybe just in time for Xmas.

You can safely generate pre-pass irradiance maps using Backburner as long as you use a UNC path to store them on your frame store. Local drives will not work and mapped drives, depending on your network setup, will not work consistently.

In the following step, rendering mode, use the same UNC for the individual nodes to pick up the IR maps from the frame store.

Manually (or through a .cmd batch file) collecting and distributing the IR maps would work but it is quite a waste as the individual render nodes will not require all the IR maps at render time. Aside from the wasted time and bandwidth, doing it this way also prevents you from scheduling the next steps using Backburner dependencies.
    Free V-Ray licenses? It doesn't get any cheaper...

Comment

hello !

We have the same problems listed here, "cannot load irradiance map", we have precompute every 5 frame all our animation and distribute on our network with BB and without DR.

We tried to launch the scene with the irradiance map files on each machine but it's always the same problem, i should tried to use a lan path but it is already like that, our asset tracking is good. so i decide to launch our animation to "brute force/LC" mode on the BB and we have 3 machine with a "MIS" error and do't render anything... I ve try to restart the server, to restart the machine so... But ther is always the same problem...

If you have a solution for us very thanks by advance...

(We use win XP pro 32, Vray 1.50 finale sp1 and 3dsmax9 sp2)
      i ll be back
      http://www.vincent-grieu.com

Comment

Originally posted by raistlin View Post
        so i decide to launch our animation to "brute force/LC" mode on the BB and we have 3 machine with a "MIS" error and do't render anything...
        This is the beginning of a "Missing maps" message, which causes backburner to stop the rendering; you can take a look at the vraylog.txt file to see which are those missing files.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks for this answer vlado, but only 3 of our 10 machines render farm show this message... And i have open the vraylog.txt on the render which don't work and nothing is wrong about maps or other... As i tell above, our asset racking is good, we work only by network, so all our maps assignement is already by a network path...
          Is it possible that is a network problem? If it must be where can i look to resolve this?
          When i'm trying to open the machine where is the scene and all the maps/irradiance/lightcache etc, by the machine which don't work windows says that we have reach the maximum connection authorize for us (10 for xp pro... but we have 10 machine...)
          damned
          i ll be back

Comment

Well, then you have the answer to the question why you are getting this message Once you solve the network connections issue, it should be fine.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

have you an idea to resolve this problem with xp pro?
              i ll be back

Comment

I'm not sure; maybe someone else will have some tips, but the general way to solve this is to move to another operating system like XP Server or Linux. There might be a way to trick XP Pro to allow more connections, but I don't know how to do it.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

... wow any other trick under xp pro? i m sure that my boss won't to pay for an other OS and all the time to uninstall/format/install all the park
                  But thanks for this answer... I'm thinking about a NAS server ? it's under linux no? if this machine recept all our renderoutput our host all our bitmaps it must work? If someone know that please...
                  i ll be back

Comment

I use a Ready NAS with 18 nodes. It works very well. If you want to get out on the cheap you could use a Linksys NSLU2 and a couple of usb hard drives. This combination also works great.

-Shane

Comment

very thanks to you ! it's easyest than a reinstallation...
                      i ll be back

Comment

Working...
                      X