DR nodes dropping out..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR nodes dropping out..

Having some real problems with my render nodes.

After a couple of days of trouble free dr rendering my nodes are now 'giving up' rendering and just sitting there doing nothing.

On two of my machines they can be encouraged to render again by killing the spawner and max process' and running the spawner service again. This seems to work ok for a few buckets and then it drops out again.

The other machine refuses to join in again once it's dropped out.

I'm also getting sporadic loss of licence when starting max.

Anybody else experienced the same kind of thing?

(Max9 32bit, Vray1.5 with the damn wibu thingy)

Rob.
    .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Yeah, I'm getting the same problem and haven't been able to solve it.

I had a few other things happen but Vlado was able to help with those, but I'm sitting here with a perfectly good machine doing nothing because I cannot get it to recognise the other machines over the network.

I have noticed over the past two or three weeks that there are more people reporting the same problem and would appreciate if the guys at Chaos would have another look at it as I am sure they have looked at it already.
    www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

well....im having obtain "Could not obtain license" when I render large scenes...i think its all connected though

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=20782
      mdi-digital.com

Comment

..well, I turned all the machines off for 6hrs last night, tried it again this morning and all seems ok.

The only difference from what I was doing yesterday was that I was accessing the internet on one of my machines while DR'ing. Didn't do that this morning, so I wonder if that's got something to do with it? I'll try DR while browsing the internet a bit later and let you know what happens...

Comment

well, all of our PC are always browsing the net while rendering....intresting..
          mdi-digital.com

Comment

..no.. can't repeat it today! Guess that wasn't the problem. Perhaps it's just Mondays...

Comment

Sometimes I can get one of our machines to work sporadically with no real reason but the other is not communicating at all.

I'm so glad that we don't have an animation on at the moment or we would be fooked.
              www.morphic.tv
              www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

When a slave refuses to render, what does it say in its c:\vraylog.txt.server.txt file?

For the sporadic license loss, please contact me directly to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that we can work around it.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

DR drops nodes

We too are having the same issue with our rendering farm. We have an animation and we are trying to calculate the IR Map using DR but what happens is that the IRmap starts it's calculation and then after the second frame the nodes drop off at sit idle. What are we doing wrong.? Can the Irmap be calculated using DR? Is there a way to calculate the IRmap with multiple computers?

Vlado, please help us...

Comment

Carlos, your problem may be entirely different - please check your email.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Oh no, it's happening again....

Spawners giving up for no reason and sitting idle.

Again, some will re-start for a while, others just refuse to join in again.

c:\vraylog.txt.server.txt file on one of my machines has data from july2007!... so I guess that won't be relevant....

I'm no where near hitting max ram on these scenes.

Renders are 3000pixels wide. Smaller renders don't seem to be affected.

Irradiance map gets calc'd ok.

Usually after 25% of image has been rendered spawners start dropping like flies.

The only way I've found to combat this so far is to calc the ir map and then save it. Distribute the ir map to all the machines, then render from the saved ir map. Spawners seem to like that. I'm guessing this shouldn't be nesessary though??

Rob.

Comment

Which 3ds Max version is this? There seem to be some kind of issue with a particular 3ds Max version, but we are still looking to confirm this.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

I'm running Max2008.

Comment

I am having similar problems with 1.5 sp1 and 2008. My solution is to run a script I have that kills and restarts the DR spawner on all nodes, and most nodes will rejoin and stay on. Also, if the problem persists, I create a new scene, merge everything, redo the settings, and it usually fixes the problem... for a while.
                            "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton Santiago View Post
                              ..... it usually fixes the problem... for a while.
                              hehehe.... glad I'm not alone!

Comment

Working...
                              X