Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 1.5 finale : Backburner and DR

Hi, sorry for my english

we have a big problem with the v 1.5.00, when we launch a scene with backburner and distribute rendering on a single machine, the DR is launch but didn't work fine, dr spawner on the other machine work (100% task on windows) but they render black region...

If there is a solution please tell me... we have 2 license dongle and 10 machines.

full version lol : I (192.168.A ) send a job on a machine (192.168.B) with a job wich should render with 2 other machines (192.168.C and D) But when the jobs up the C and D machine claculate black square on our image... We wan't to launch a lot of job on a unique server all the time... in one time... (for a week it must be cool to launch 4 or 5 jobs with backburner...) Now you know all the story

Thanks by advance

Vincent
    i ll be back
    http://www.vincent-grieu.com

nobody knows ? it's not possible ?
    i ll be back

Comment

Some have said they have gotten it to work, I have not tried though.

Does regular DR work for you? Many networks have problems with their firewalls, switches, AntiVirus, permissions, etc.
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Yeah, what ReRender said, does regular DR work for you?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I use DR everyday....it's my best friend...well my only freind, but anyway...can't get it to work through backburner for the life of me.

Comment

me neither.

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Yeah, there seem to be some weird problems there, which may cause us to drop this feature entirely unless we find some work-around for this.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

DR work good for us on each machine, it doesn't work only with the backburner jobs... a "service pack" could be in progress to resolve this inconvenient ?

Thanks a lot

despite this big problem for our production we are plainly satisfy with Vray, he work fine and do great results quickly.

See you soon Vlado, with a solution
                i ll be back

Comment

yeah. DR is working fine. just not with backburner (no firewalls or virus protection on the render farm)

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
                    Yeah, there seem to be some weird problems there, which may cause us to drop this feature entirely unless we find some work-around for this.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    No!! Please don't kill it! Since announcing the feature we have been eagerly awaiting it. It would change our workflow in a huge way!

If indeed it cant get fixed is there a way Chaosgroup can impliment a "DR Que Manager"? What we need is a way for multiple users to submit DR jobs to a group of distributed servers. Just something to hold one job until the previous job gets completed. Well something like Backburner....

Thanks very much!!

-T

Comment

Well, it's corrected now... turned out that the problem is transferring camera view information from the main machine to the DR slaves. So it will be there.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

sweet.

Comment

Thank you!!!!!

-T

Comment

nice!
                            Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                            nuno@ene-digital.com
                            00351 917593145

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
                              Well, it's corrected now... turned out that the problem is transferring camera view information from the main machine to the DR slaves. So it will be there.
                              Sorry for not understanding...
                              What we have to do ? The installer has been updated or there is something else to do ?

Thanks for your help.
                              Arno

Comment

Working...
                              X