Presampling Displacement & LC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presampling Displacement & LC

Ive got a scene with quite a bit of 3d displacement, on the grass and a path.

when i come to render using lc, its flicks from building light cache to presampling displacement, and it seems to use about 10% of my cpu.

the system we're rendering on, are 2 x quad core 2.66ghz with 8gb ram.

if i send it as dynamic memory type, it does alot of unloading geomerty.

The scene does have lots of proxys as well. Is there a way i can get the light cache to go faster as when it hits the irmap it use's 100% cpu straight away.

on my vraydisplacement modifier, i have the subd set to 256. could i go lower ?

any help would be great

Thanks !

oh and the displacement is set to 3d not 2d in the modifys settings.

Comment

increasing the edge length value will help but beyond a certain value will result in a unwanted displaced result...so find a balance between performace and desired result with it
      2d mode would also be less memory hungry!
      Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
      nuno@ene-digital.com
      00351 917593145

Comment

And also, increasing the Dynamic memory limit option may help.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

tried increasing the dynamic memory limit and the edge limit, this still didnt enable the lc to render using all cores.

any other ideas?

Comment

If your using bitmaps for the displacement and your grass if fairly flat, switch back to 2d displacement and see how you go. With a low precision if your grass is infact flat like on a plane.. you will need higher if its on hills..etc..

Comment

Working...
            X