max crashes...gone...bye bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max crashes...gone...bye bye

I have this file...It has some xfrog plants that I have proxied after I kept crashing a little here and there. It isnt as big as any other file I have ever worked on. Is there a log file that I can look at to see what is happening. Thanx all
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

max crash

I am having the same issue, odd.... I was working along fine, did a saveas, crashed! I had to collapse everything for my render to work. I opened the original and the same thing. Collapsing is the only thing that works for me when this kind of thing happens. I am now going to look for backups.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Eric... yeah its called the vraylog.. and can be found in the root of your C drive.. so in c:\
      That "may" give you some clue as to why its crashing.
      Have you watched the memory usage during the renders.

And also make sure to turn off filtering or turn off the bitmap blur for the opactiy maps for those leaves, will render alot quicker and look much better.

Comment

Weird. I have 8 gigs now and it goes up to about 3.75 and dies. Turned off displacement and the same thing. I can get about a 2000px image out, but that is about it. I thought the vray frame buffer would help, but nothing. I will try the bitmap filter thingy.
        Eric Camper
        Studio 3D
        www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Running 64bit windows, max and vray I assume?

Comment

yup...Where is the bitmap blur thing....Oh....Do you mean Blur and Blur offset? They are set to 1.0 and 0.0.
            Last edited by EricCamper; 17-01-2008, 07:10 AM.
            Eric Camper
            Studio 3D
            www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Ok...I turned off the pyramidal filtering to NONE on all the xfrog bitmaps and the rendering went from 13:10 to 14:35. Hmmmm...At lunch I will try and render it larger to see what happens. Any other suggestions?
              Eric Camper
              Studio 3D
              www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Use Onxy then convert to proxies or convert the Xfrog trees to Proxies....
                Two heads are better than one ...
                ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Working...
                X