new install error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new install error

I just downloaded and tried installing the newest version but I'm getting an error.
    Loading DLLs.
    DLL <c:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2008\plugins\vrender90.dlr> Failed to initialize.

I've looked in that location and all the files that it refers to are there.
    There were some other posts that mentioned this problem but they were due to other languages installed or the plugin.ini file. I only have one language on here & the ini file is correct as well.

I'm running vista 32.

Thanks for any help.

I forgot, I've even tried uninstalling & reinstalling with no luck.
    Last edited by Jer25; 21-04-2008, 04:16 AM.

you have the good version (32, 64bit)
    My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

I had this too at some point, for whatever reason, Vista caches the DLLs and continues to attempt to load the old ones, even though they have changed.

My solution was to uninstall V-Ray, run 3ds Max, close it, and then install the new V-Ray.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

"Good version"? I don't think there is a good version of vista. :[

I still haven't managed to get it working. Here's what I've done last time.
        -Uninstall
        -Uninstall all the plugins related to V-Ray (like archmaterials)
        -Delete V-Ray folders
        -Start Max
        -Reboot
        -Install V-Ray

I'm still getting the same errors. Any other clues?

Thanks.

Comment

I've tried doing a system restore just so I could get back to the sp1 and it's kind of worked but I'm getting another odd error. It can't find the vraysimbiont90.dlt now. (isn't that something that's in sp2)? It's actually is in the folder and that's the only error that I get. I'm able to render with sp1 at the moment.

It gets stranger as well. When I tried installing sp2 I got all the errors so I uninstalled it. No V-Ray on my computer (or so it says). I can open Max and get the sp1 running fine???

I've also looked into that cache thing from vista but I can't figure out how to delete it cause I don't really know what I'm looking for.

At least I have something to work with for the time being.

Comment

I have the same problem during max start...
            www.visumporec.com

Comment

I'll let you know if I ever figure it out but if I was you I wouldn't hold my breath.

Good luck.

Comment

and if you remove the vraysimbiont90.dlt file is vray loaded correctly ?
                My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

Yes, but it's sp1.

Comment

Originally posted by visumporec View Post
                    I have the same problem during max start...

I have this same error.. Do i install on all our machines or wait for a fix for this ? Vlado.. xp64 by the way
                    Last edited by natty; 22-04-2008, 07:17 AM.
                    Natty
                    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

I don't think there is anything wrong with the simbiont plugin itself, so there is nothing to fix on that front. What you can do it is either rename the plugin so it does not load, or download the Visual C++ runtime for Visual Studio 2005 sp1 64-bit version from the microsoft MSDN site and see if it helps.

As for the Vista caching issue I'm not entirely sure how to purge the DLL cache, I have to fiddle with it more to see how to do it.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                        My solution was to uninstall V-Ray, run 3ds Max, close it, and then install the new V-Ray.
                        Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I have done many times Vlado but problem stil persist.
                        Finally I've been moved vraysimbiont90.dll from plugins directory. That seems to be working.
                        Vlado, should be vray unstable without this dll?

Max 2008 64 bit, xp 64 bit...
                        www.visumporec.com

Comment

well the problem we have Valdo is 120 slaves need to be loaded, which will take sometime, so if this dlt wont load when sending a job through BB surely max wont open but just give that warning ? I dont understand what is causing this problem, and what can be done to resolve it.
                          Natty
                          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

I think we are talking about two separate issues here:

1) Vista issue only, which gives a message for vrender90.dlr failing to load. This is a problem due to the Vista DLL cache, which continues to load an old version of the V-Ray DLL files.

2) Error loading the vraysimbiontmtl90 plugin specifically. This is likely caused by the simbiont library being compiled against a newer version of Microsoft Visual Studio. This can be resolved either by deleting vraysimbiont90.dlt file (which is not a problem for V-Ray at all), or by installing the Visual C++ redistributable for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 sp1 from the Microsoft MSDN site (I forget the link right now, but I'll try to find it).

Best regards,
                            Vlado

Comment

Vraysimbiont90.dlt error

The same error occured after installing the software on my computer. ( XP pro x64 )
                              I asume updating from 1.5 to 1.5 sp2 is not an issue.
                              I reinstalled the software (sp2) but the same error showed.
                              Ignoring the error and running Max 9 with V-ray 1.5sp2 seems to have no problems so far.
                              I am rendering a recent file now.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X