Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draging Materials crash 3dsmax 2008 64bit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draging Materials crash 3dsmax 2008 64bit.

Well I really can confirm this bug with Vray 1.5 both SP1 and SP2.
    When dragging a material in the material editor over one used in scene vray-material or changing a used vray material to a vray-blend-material 3dsmax 2008 64bit Version crashes.
    It could be the memory usage that is on 64bit scenes higher, I'm not sure. I use the 32bit version now for changing the materials it crashes seldom, but also in the same occasions.

Strange , I just try that on 5 scenes and have no such problem at all. I'm using SP2.
    Best regards,
    Andrian

Comment

Tried on max 2008 64bits SP1 on a very simple scene and didn't crash in any of the two cases, maybe has something to do with the display drivers or show maps on viewport?

Comment

well yes the show map in viewport thing could be a hint... i just switched from wireframe to shaded mode and max crashed. Also it saved the scene and next time I opened it worked... but this happens so often that it really looks like a bug.
        The scene is quiet big... to big for 3dsmax 32bit

Comment

Maybe your video card is overheating or has some bad ram?
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            well yes the show map in viewport thing could be a hint... i just switched from wireframe to shaded mode and max crashed. Also it saved the scene and next time I opened it worked... but this happens so often that it really looks like a bug.
            This is the same thing thats make me crazy in my work and I can confirm that nothing is changed with newest sp2
            Max 2008 64 bit, xp 64, vray 64....

Btw. vga is nvidia 8800 gtx
            www.visumporec.com

Comment

In SP2, you can prevent the VRayMtl from attempting to show any maps in the viewport by creating an environment variable VRAY_SHOW_MTL_MAPS with a value of 0. If it still crashes after that, it is not a V-Ray issue.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I have this exact same problem, which I think is actually a max 2008 issue. If I have a map in the diffuse slot (and I think the map is showing in viewport), then I drag an empty slot from another channel onto the diffuse, max crashes. Not every time, but occasionally. Also, if i have slot filled with any type of material, ie bitmap, noise etc and then choose to select another type of material (with keep existing map), it sometimes doesnt do the change and just keeps my original channel exactly the same as if I hadnt altered it at all.

Pretty sure its max thats at fault.
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by steveiouk View Post
                  I have this exact same problem, which I think is actually a max 2008 issue. If I have a map in the diffuse slot (and I think the map is showing in viewport), then I drag an empty slot from another channel onto the diffuse, max crashes. Not every time, but occasionally. Also, if i have slot filled with any type of material, ie bitmap, noise etc and then choose to select another type of material (with keep existing map), it sometimes doesnt do the change and just keeps my original channel exactly the same as if I hadnt altered it at all.

Pretty sure its max thats at fault.
                  I confirm this same exact behavior in max9, vray sp1 and sp2, so I think it is just a max problem, too.

Comment

I have another problem which is as well conected to MAX 2008 with draging but models,
                    and when it is about to ask you - open, merge, etc... it just crashes...
                    sometimes it may pass, but if it holds for more than 2-3 seconds, it is a guarantee crash !

Best regards,
                    nikki Candelero
                    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

There are a number of problems for max 2008. Nothing related to vray though. I just hope a service pack is brought out at some point !
                      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                      X