No announcement yet.

Sun & Sky issue....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An example of a white (255) override material with the output multiplier set to .255.
    Physcam shutter speed 1/125, 125 ISOs.
    Gamma 2.2.

Raising the diffuse multiplier to twice as much and halving the ISOs (to keep the same image brightness) will halve also the sky intensity.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

me too!
      thanx lele!
      Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
      nuno@ene-digital.com
      00351 917593145

Comment

hmmm

Hello everybody and thank you again for all your good ideas and comments.

@jujubee:
        Yes, you are right and I used the RWF all the time with the previous version of Vray Sun and Sky. But for Interior it is not as much important as for exterior - I guess. lol:

Also, you can use the RWF with the new sun & sky like in the older versions of vray -
        just lower the sun and sky values......

Well, I really need to think about all that. It's maybe right that we do have now real physical values, but the fact that the material editor colors are playing a trick to us is confusing....... well, for me...... ufff....

@shimakaze:
        thank you for your test, it's interesting.

@Lele:
        thx a lot

Hmm, regarding the shadows.. they really seem to be very strong... any idea how to control the intensity additional to the shadow bias ?

thank you and happy rendering,
        bernhard
        www.bernhardrieder.com
        rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Comment

Adding gamma ( > 1.0) lowers the contrast, so it's one quick way to go.
          The other is to raise the diffuse coefficient multiplier, that too lowers contrast for the same white-point brightness.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

A workaround for the problem with the material editor showing the .255 adjusted materials too dark, is to specify a custom scene to be displayed in the material editor slot instead of the default sphere, box or cylinder.

Just set up a scene with an object, a camera and a couple lights, I set my main light at 4 intensity multiplier and a back light at 1. Save it and in the material options menu specify this scene as the one with the custom object scene. Also check the "Load Camera and/or Lights" option. Now you choose the custom object and you have it displayed with the custom scene lights.

On my home computer the custom object is very buggy though and max crashed a lot of times trying different custom scenes setups, at work is working fine at the moment ...

Attached Files

Comment

hmmm

Hello !

@Codi:
              that's interesting, but I can't follow your step with specifieng the scene as the one with the custom object scene.... uuuahhh what do you check there ?

thx,
              bernhard
              www.bernhardrieder.com
              rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Comment

Hi,

You specify the custom scene in the material editor options.
                In the material editor right-click on any material an select options...Then appears a menu where you can specify the scene you want clicking the button next to File Name:. Also be sure to enable the Load Camera and/or Lights check-button.

Comment

Working...
                X