DR Machines locking mid render? SP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR Machines locking mid render? SP2

As title would suggest we have a problem with DR slaves locking mid render and refusing to move.. this is constanlty happening now and is becoming a real headache ! again this didnt happen in SP1 ! Thank god for Refamo .. we are able to restart the slave's and the render carry's on..

Natty
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Is this on any scene or just this particular one? How many (and what kind of) machines are you using for DR?

In our tests here, DR runs fine generally, so we will need to troubleshoot what is causing the issues in your particular case.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Random scene's to be honest, 78 Slaves all quad core max9 sp2.. Gig Lan, this problem has only been aparent in sp2. Its very odd, just a total lock, cpu's still running @ 100% all cpu's are monitored
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Ok, I may have a clue for this and I will email you later today.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

same here, I have to rollback to sp1..
          Best regards,
          Andrian

Comment

some times thay start to render at mid render and then stops there..
            Best regards,
            Andrian

Comment

I am having a similar problem.
              I am using Max Design 2009 and have just installed SP2. When i first render everything seems fine but on the second render the dr nodes seem to hang until the light maps are built then after a while i get messages saying.

"warning: Rendernode host unknown (IP address) is not responding."
              render host (IP Addess) added
              Scene transferred to es-5
              Server 192.168.1.108: Scene loaded; starting render.
              Server 192.168.1.108: Starting frame 0.

Then the dr render starts fine.

The point is that the dr nodes don't contribute towards the Light maps & the first part of the render.

Hope I am explaining this properly Does anyone have any ideas?
              Greg

Comment

I just noticed that on each render node instead of having vraydummy2009.max on the task bar I have vray_server_scene_2.max then when I get the above message this closes and a new instance seems to start and it starts to render. Obviously it takes time for this to occur so this is taking a lot of time out of the rendering process.

Is vray not getting a message that the previous render is finished?

In summary - It seems to be hanging then rebooting the spawner half way through the render then starting the render.
                Greg

Comment

I am suffering the same problem..
                  As soon as i change anything in the scene the render doesnt match, it hangs on to the previus scene.
                  If i restart my renderslaves everything works great.
                  Im sending the renderjobs from an dual quad-core 64bit machine to two dual-quad slaves.

We are now in a state where we dont really know what workflow we should have now.
                  We dont want vray sp2, or rather, we want a working sp2.
                  So then we're back to working with max 2008 and sp1 but i never want to touch 2008 again, so its max 9 and sp1...
                  We was hoping for a working combination of max 2009 and vray sp2..

Comment

Well unfortunately I can't roll back as i am working with someone elses files created using max 2008 and I don't have 2008. (I'm a new 3dsMax convert from Viz). All our workstations are 32bit and all render nodes are started manually. I'm just going to have to work through it unless Vlado comes up with some suggestions/resolutions
                    Greg

Comment

same problem here as Yohan, I need to restart the spawner for every render.

both machines are max 2009 64bit and 1.5 SP2

In previous versions I think this was to do with the increment on save option in max, but I don't have that checked.
                      www.peterguthrie.net
                      www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                      www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Anyone with these issues willing to send a scene with these problems over to vlado@chaosgroup.com for investigation and test a potential fix for this? The scenes we tested here were fine, so it seems to me that this is relating to something specific in your scenes (the existing 3ds Max copy started by the spawner will only close if 3ds Max chooses to crash at some point).

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

thanks vlado!

email sent. from peter@peterguthrie.net
                          www.peterguthrie.net
                          www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                          www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Hi, Did you ever find any resolution to this problem as I am having continuing issues particularly with files created in earlier versions.
                            Greg

Comment

Problem seems to be solved for natty, but I had to compile a new build for him. I still want to take a more careful look at this and make sure that the issue is indeed resolved.

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Working...
                              X