Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fog mat doesnt work with refraction map

Hi guys,

I have 2 materials applied to one object. Most of the object is a frosted glass mat with blue fog. This looks fine. The other section is exactly the same mat, but I have put a reflection map and refraction map (that is black and white) to display some text.

When I render, the fog mat (without text) looks fine, and the other map loses its fog properties.....

Any ideas how to overcome this, or is this a limitation of the fog feature at the moment ?

Cheers

Steve
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

It will probably work better if you use just one material with maps, or a VRayBlendMtl material where the base one is the basic glass with the fog, and the other one is just the reflective portion.

When you use two different materials, V-Ray is not able to make a connection between the volumes (the fog) of the two materials, if it comes across them along the same light path.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I see. I actually ended up using a single mat for the object and then created a new plane over the top with opacity maps. Bit more complex but works ok. Cheers for the help though...
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
      X