Issue with animation mode of IRmap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with animation mode of IRmap

If I render this scene as a single frame with the IR map calculating at the same time, it renders fine.

If I do a single frame IR map, save to file, and render from that saved one, it works fine.

But if I render a sequence of IR maps to file with the animation mode, and then render one frame of the animation (even just using 'from file' mode), I get this:

Which isnt good.

Whats the difference between rendering the irradiance map single frame and animation pre-pass, aside from the sequential numbering? Whatever that is, my chairs dont like it. Theyre all vray materials too.

What are the materials of the chairs? Also, what is the secondary GI engine set to for the final renders?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

The chair materials are vray materials - just bitmap within colour correct to add a tiny bit more contrast, spec & bump. Metal on them is as simple as it gets, dark diffuse and high reflection.

The secondary bounce is brute force, 8 subdivisions and 5 secondary bounces.

Comment

Hm, no immediate idea then, I will have to take a look at the scene. Have you changed object counts (e.g. hide/unhide) objects between the calculation phase and the rendering phase?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Not at all - it is an xref though, could that be causing it?

I've got my model in one scene, and i'm rendering from one which just contains lights/cameras and render settings.

Comment

Ok, and what are your irradiance map settings (min/max rate in particular)?

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

What's it look like if you assign an override material? Or tick the show GI only. Whatever helps isolate the problem!

Comment

It's set to medium preset, 60/30.

Combustion is just rendering at the moment so I cant open the scene, i'll edit all the other number in 12 minutes from now...

Comment

Working...
                X