Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vrayspawnermax9 won't work after installing max 2009?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrayspawnermax9 won't work after installing max 2009?

We've just 'Upgraded' (ha!) to Max 2009.

Opening 3dsMax 9 and setting up a simple test scene of teapots, then doing a DR render (on the slave machines spawners registered as services for both max9 and max2009) produces vray to launch the 2009 verisons:

From the logs:

Scene loaded from "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\2009 - 64bit\enu\temp\vray_server_scene_1.max"

even though this is a max 9 file.
    -----
    further more:

0: [2008/Sep/1|10:49:08] ========================== Starting new session ==========================
    1: [2008/Sep/1|10:49:08] Got this module name: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\vrayspawner2009.exe
    2: [2008/Sep/1|10:49:08] Got this INI file name: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\VRaySpawner.ini
    3: [2008/Sep/1|10:49:08] *** ALERT! Could not open INI file: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\VRaySpawner.ini". Using defaults.

If we kill the 2009 spawners, so on the host Max 9 is running, and on the slaves max 9 spawner is running - DR fails. we get:
    warning: Could not connect to host 10.0.5.250: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Any help will be most appreciated. Vlado - can send you all the logs if you need.
    Many Thanks.

furthermore, Backburner jobs now don't work for max9.

INF Launching 'Autodesk 3ds Max 9.0 (x64)'
    ERR Task error: Unknown error while loading application
    ERR Unknown error while loading application

License servers haven't changed at all, and all license server settings are correct.....
    edit: and no firewalls / antivirus running.
    Last edited by sv; 01-09-2008, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Can you get backburner to run without V-Ray (e.g. with the scanline renderer)?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

no; that's not working now either.
        Do you think it's something to do with back burner 2008.1 (which you have to install for max 2009 to work?) not liking max 9 jobs?

Sorry if this is now off topic, but the fact remains that the vrayspawner works for max2009, but now max 9 DR and BB and aparently scanline rendering all don't work. No changes have been made to the network / setup apart from installing max 2009 and BB 2008.1 (which is part of the max 2009 install).

Thanks Vlado.

Comment

Steve,

I don't know about DR as we don't use it here but when we upgraded to Max2009 and BB2008.1 network rendering for all previous versions stopped working. It happened to a lot of others as far as I can tell.
          http://area.autodesk.com/index.php/f...wthread/13392/
          http://area.autodesk.com/index.php/f...wthread/10903/

Our solution was to reinstall the previous versions of Max but I think the problems have been addressed in one of the Hotfixes or service packs for Max2009.

Dan
          Dan Brew

Comment

thanks Dan.
            We'll give this a go as i'm sure we have installed the latest hotfixes...

Comment

Working...
            X