X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help cleaning IRR+LC render

On this image:
    link

The areas in the red clouds are a little noisy. I have tried different settings with ought changing much of the default VRay settings, but don't know which setting would control the level of noise in the shadow areas. I tried lowering the Noise threshold, but got similar results. Basically the only setting I have changed are the:
    DMC image sampler
    Color Mapping
    Irradiance Map
    Light Cache

The image on the lower left was done using the "Universal VRay Settings" and comes out clean, but at a render time cost.

Anybody have an idea as to which parameter I have to adjust to clean up the noise using IRR + LC ?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rmejia; 02-09-2008, 11:30 AM.

The noise itself is probably not from the GI, as with these settings it will end up quite smooth and in general the irradiance map would produce splotches rather than noise.

Do you have any blurry effects in the scene like area lights, VRayDirt, glossy reflections etc?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Possibly try it with your AA set to min 1 max 16 and threshold 0.01. Those settings always work for me

Comment

Try to up your light subdivs setting.
        www.gaell.com

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

I am lighting the scene with a VRay Dome light that had 8 Subdivisions ... raised that to 24 and now everything looks perfect.

Comment

Working...
          X