white splotches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white splotches

hi, i have problems with this rendering for an interactive panorama. it seems that i have the splotches mostly in the floor. i rose the subdiv. for refl. of the floor mat. from 16 to 64 but out of an huge rose of rendertime the output was nearly the same.

3ds max cam
    direct light - mult 2,0
    hdri in vrayenvironment - overall mult 2,0
    exponential color mapping

Have you tried some general troubleshooting yet? Like uncheck reflections in the global rollout? Does it go away? Use a grey override, and see if it goes away.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

how about disabling caustics?
      did you tried enabling 'clamp output' in color mapping rollout?
      the purpose of a ninja is to flip out and kill people.
      the purpose of an architect is to flip out and design for people.

Comment

last time i saw something like that a standard material had crept into my scene. i suggest running the right-click 'VRay scene converter'
        http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

thanks for your replies,
          unfortunately none of them solved the problem. there`s no standard material in the scene, caustics are disabled, clamp output checked,...
          more suggestions?

Comment

Do you have geometry for the windows, which the light passes through? In that case, try excluding the windows from the sunlight.

Comment

from my little experience, this caused by the overly bright vraylightmat in the scene.
              Dominique Laksmana

Comment

If you are using the V-Ray sun, make sure it has the "Invisible" option on. Also make sure "Reflective gi caustics" are off.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

tried all of your sugestions, splotches still there...

Comment

In that case, best to send us the scene over to vray@chaosgroup.com so that we can troubleshoot the problem.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I had some scene s where the white splotches appeared due to a raytrace in a material from the scene. When i disabled this setting, all splotches where gone.
                      It s worth trying

Comment

I have similar spolotches when my physical camera parameters are not correct.
                        I think that your f-number and shutter speed are too low. Try to set higher values
                        like 8 for f-number and shutter speed 200 and set Dark multiplier to 3 at
                        V-Ray Color mapping. It works for me.

J
                        Jozef
                        www.cad-vizualizacie.sk

Comment

thanks for your suggestions:

still no solution, but i am on the way...
                          the splotches must be caused by an material, cause when i use an override mat. the splotches are gone. the suggested causes - blurry refl floor material and selfillu. material in the lamps are not the originators as i excluded the objects with them on from the override mat. and everything was fine.

@joecharon, there`s no physical cam in the scene.

@gerard: also have your suspicion but havent found the material yet...

@vlado: i have only one direct light in the scene, no vray sun. thanks again for the opportunity to send you the file. until now i haven´t managed to send one as the filesizes are too big for my emailaccount. i am looking for a filesharing possibility to bring the files over...

Comment

found it. the scene setup before trying to render the image for the 360° panorama was with vraysun/sky and phys.cam. i had to make a new setup with 3ds max camera as i needed the sperical camera type. by doing this i reduced all vraylightmaterials in the scene but forgot one in a ceiling lamp...
                            Last edited by max montana; 15-09-2008, 08:21 AM.

Comment

final result, thanks for your support

Comment

Working...
                              X