Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material Editor

Hey,
    I'm having a problem with my material editor. The preview of my materials in the editor have suddenly dissappeared. I've tried to restart and it doesn't help. Any ideas of why it suddenly started to do this and how to fix it? I was using Vray Adv 150 R3 for Max 9 and I just updated to Vray Adv 150 SP2 for Max 9 but it still does not work.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Is your license running?

I had the same problem a day ago.

Fixed it by renaming the license server to "localhost" (it was the IP number).

Comment

Nope, the license server is not running, should it be? Vray is installed on this machine only and it's not part of a network.

Comment

it uses vray to render the shader balls, so yes I believe it does need to be running (although I think it uses a ui license not a render license so maybe it doesn't)
        Colin Senner

Comment

It's strange because I've never ran it before and vray has always worked, unless it automatically starts.
          Where exactly is the license server? What's the name of the file? Is it vrlservice?
          Thanks.

Comment

Figured it out, I had to uninstall and reinstall and set up my wibu-key again. Not sure why it suddenly happenend, but it worked.
            Thanks.

Comment

I have exactly the same problem. Shutting down/restarting max doesnt help.

When it happens and you try to render you can click RENDER but nothing happen.

I cant remember exactly what I did to solve the problem but I think that reseting the material editor / saving/ closing max / restarting max/ reopen the file help.

Comment

If you try to render, you will usually get an indication of what the error is, in the V-Ray messages window.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  If you try to render, you will usually get an indication of what the error is, in the V-Ray messages window.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  Vlado trust me : when I click RENDER, nothing happens, no error messages, no console, no VRay FB, no CPU load.... nothing.

Comment

Working...
                  X