"wavy" leaves and grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "wavy" leaves and grass

A good day to everyone, I'm having a little bit of a problem with my animation. I've pumped up all my settings in the rqmc sampler (i think):

noise threshold: 0.001
    min samples: 12
    global subdivs:3.0

irradiance map:

hsph: 50
    interpolation: 20

light cache:
    subdivs:2000
    sample size:0.01 in Screen scale

I compiled irradiance for 400 frames and it's on every 1 frame (took a loooong time), I'd normally settle with my typical global subdivs of 2 and noise in 0.005 - 0.008 but when i rendered it out all my geometry's really nice and clean except for the trees and my grass which is a a plane with a vray disp modifier. It looks like it's "swimming" in noise. I'm a bit stumped... I'm not sure what other settings that I have to tweak but raising the hsph or subdivs of the light cache isnt possible because of the scene just crashes. thanks in advance

Can you show a few frames of the problematic part of the scene?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for your time vlado. If i may add, I've compiled the IR, LC the old way...computing by nth frame with Don't render final image checked. My co-employee says that this usually happens for fast moving cameras with trees/plants or any geometry whatsoever with tiny tiny polygons. If you look closely at the trees at the end of the animation, some of the waviness is lessend, particularly on the trees but there's still some left. The grass hasn't changed it's look. Could this somehow be alleviated if I increased the hsph of the IR and subdv of LC? One last thing, I mentioned that I did this with nth frame set to 1. This animation was identical to my animation when I computed IR/LC on every 5th frame...literally identical... Thanks. This is the link to the file...http://rapidshare.com/files/14815739...eaves.rar.html

Comment

by the way reuploaded the avi of my animation...wasnt sure if i was successful in uploading it...http://rapidshare.com/files/148176747/wavy.rar.html

Comment

What are your AA settings? Try 1-16, .008 threshold, Area filter. It definately looks like a purely AA issue to me - you can see it to a lesser extent on the small tiled areas/strips.

Comment

my AA settings are 3-6 using the default Area filter. thanks, will try that. does this mean I could try recomputing for every 5 frames or do i still stick with every 1 frame? I'm curious about the noise thresh put at 0.008. I've used 0.001 but it still didn't clean up the noise...

Comment

Working...
            X