No announcement yet.

Dark/Black materials absorbing bounces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark/Black materials absorbing bounces?

Hi all,

I'm having some troubles with a scene in which there is a black carpet and black to white gradient on the walls with glossy reflections.

I just cant seem to bounces I need with the black material in the scene in order to get everything looking smooth.

Please bear in mind that this is a simplified scene and there is a lot more going on, I can't therefore go mental on the settings.

Im using Leles method

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gander0; 28-10-2008, 06:34 PM.

Yep black is going to absorb the light, You could use an override material to cheat with a gray gi material.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Thanks Eric,

Override material looks interesting, will do some experimenting.

Any other ideas without cheating?

Many thanks!

Comment

i wrote a tutorial on how to get around dark colored floors but to be honest you have to cheat. plain and simple black will absorb light

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Don't loose your time, and follow the Eric advice, that's the right way to do that.
          cheers
          =:-/
          Laurent

Comment

Cheers Elf
            =:-/
            Laurent

Comment

I don't know what the material color is, but you shouldn't ever use pure black (or pure white for that matter). To any renderer like VRay, it pretty much sees it as some kind of energy black hole. Even 1,1,1 is fine, but 4+ is usually what you want for a "black" surface.

Comment

Yup there is no pure black it only happens in the digital world remember the realworld aren't numbers.
                Studio Max 2009 x64
                X5000 Chipset | Dual Core Intel 5140 | 4G RAM | Nvidia FX3450 drv 6.14.10.9185

Comment

Working...
                X