Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor DR Quality but Good without DR..why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor DR Quality but Good without DR..why?

Firstly, I have 3 machines that I use with distributed rendering (This is not for an animation but a still, so mode is Single Frame).

Here are the scenarios: (all using high quality GI settings and high quality Adaptive DMC with GI mode set to Single Frame)

1) Single Host Machine (no DR):

Normal light cache pass and the normal irradiance
    map's 4 passes, then the render passx.
    Renders fine, but takes 8 hours.

2) All three machines with DR on:

Normal Light Cache pass, but there are no longer 4 irradance map passes, only 1 made for some reason. Render has lots of artifacts and noise....very pixelated. Render takes 3 hours.

3) Single Host Machine (No DR) for Light Cache and IR Map, NO FINAL RENDER. After GI is calculated on single machine, I set to DR and set mode to "FROM FILE" rather than single frame:

Renders fine.

***[B]Why is the rendering with DR on from the start such poor quality?/B]
    Daniel Black
    Archtagon LLC
    www.archtagon.com

when DR is turned on, vray still computes specified number of pre-passes, they are just truncated in the single pre-pass, for efficiency purpose. Why it gives you a bad result...it shouldn't but, can you check if you are running correct vray versions across all machines and that they are not missing some plugins or texture maps.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

I am running 1.50 SP2 on all of my machines and tex maps all look ok. I just went thru all the plugins and am re-running with DR on.

I will post my results along with example jpg's if the problem persists.
      Daniel Black
      Archtagon LLC
      www.archtagon.com

Comment

Working...
      X