Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow contrast cannot be achieved..

Hi guys,

Im currently doing some renders of an aircraft. I have used a 2.2 gamma and converted the textures all to a 2.2 gamma to match. Using a hdri to GI the scene and a sun to direct light it. Unfortunately the engine areas look way to light, as if too much light is being thrown around.

What do you think would be the best method to get these type of shadows without losing the brightness of the scene and having overblown areas... ?
    Attached Files
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

What happens if you turn off the HDRI. Do you get the kind of shadows you want. I'd start there and increase the HDRI to get what you want.

Comment

Sorry...I realised thats exactly what the problem was...my materials were too light inside the engine.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Well, at least it's Friday mate! You can console yourself with a couple of beers later!

Comment

Right away I notice several major difference between the render and the real. First, the real engine is deeper. The distance from the front of the opening to the turbine is greater in the real one.

Second, the environment (and I'm assuming the HDRI) are of a cloudy day. On a cloudy day, more light is thrown into the shadows than on a bright, sunny, cloudless day (as shown in the photo).

Comment

Working...
          X