Highlight Glossiness ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlight Glossiness ?

How can you control the Highlight Glossiness ?
    Please see the image below:

the material looks right in the mat-editor, but it doesn't take effect in the render.

thx for every little info,
    bernhard
    Attached Files
    www.bernhardrieder.com
    rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Maybe reflection glossiness is disabled in Renderdialog=>global switches ?

Comment

You need an actual light in the scene.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

it should be there... I mean the glossy highlight relfection...

but for some reason I can't figure out, it isn't....
        well.. maybe the actual light source from the HDRI is so intense, that it is killing the glossy highlight reflection... hmmmm

by the way: say hi to Richard, John and everybody else !!!
        Attached Files
        www.bernhardrieder.com
        rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Comment

turn off trace reflections on your mat and see if you see a highlight. I recreated your setup, and I could see one just fine. With a light that size, I would think something would show up.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I can't even see the light doing anything, it looks like its just the dome/sky light lighting up the scene. Are you sure "lights" isn't unchecked in the global options.
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Your glossy reflections are set to 1 .. meaning that you wont get a highlight, but just reflections, set it below 1 ... 0.95 or something..
              Natty
              http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Highlight Glossiness is a way to "fake" glossy reflections producing much faster results. But it needs a point light (i.e. omni or directional max lights) to work, it doesn't produce gloss from environment (HDR or VRaySky) or area lights.

Comment

By the looks of it you are only using a hdri to light your scene. You will need a direct light or sun to create that type of specular highlight..
                  Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Oops, just tested, seems that area lights can produce highlight glossy too ...

Yeah, maybe the intensity of the area light doesn't match the scene environment, I don't notice any shadow produced by the light on your first render, try upping it.

Comment

Working...
                    X