VrayFur with Vray2SidedMtl invisible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayFur with Vray2SidedMtl invisible?

sp3 (possibly other versions).. not sure if this is a known limitation or not, but vrayFur does not show up in renders with a Vray2SidedMtl applied.

is this something that's fixable?

thanks,
    greg

Dang dude, working at 9 on a Saturday night?

I wonder if it is just broke or if your the first one to ever try it.

the new vrayfastSSS2 mat is pretty fast, if your trying to get a translucent effect it might work for you.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender View Post
      Dang dude, working at 9 on a Saturday night?

I wonder if it is just broke or if your the first one to ever try it.

the new vrayfastSSS2 mat is pretty fast, if your trying to get a translucent effect it might work for you.
      sad isn't it? (there's no time in the budget for "test out vray"...) plus i have nothing better to do! what are you doing on the boards at 11 on a saturday night? you should be drunk by now.

annyway... yeah, i ended up going with the fastsss2 for now. not sure how this will respond in animation, though.

drop me a line sometime and let me know how everything's going. you're employed, right, so i don't suppose things can be that bad!

greg

Comment

Hi,

Vray2SidedMtl really is for single sided meshes, like if you were to create some paper or a lampshade. So you right, it doesn't work because its not supposed to.
        But saying that it should still render..
        Last edited by natty; 05-04-2009, 01:43 PM.
        Natty
        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

What about fur with flat normals, not sure if those are single sided or not?

@greg yep should have been drunk instead of cruising the net, heh. After focus I only got about a week and a half off till I started at my new place, I should have milked the time off more.
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Working...
          X