white dots in animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white dots in animation

hi there, i face the problem that i can`t get rid of the white dots in the glass balustrade of the staircase.
    i make a fly through animation with precalculated irr. map and light cache, according to the tutorial in the vary documentation.
    therefore i have set the scale of the LC to world, and thats my problem.
    i have no white dots in the glassbalustrade when i render a single frame with "screen" and settings 1000/0,03. with world and the same settings i get the rendering with the white dots you see attached.
    with much higher settings 10000/0,005 i get a better result(dots not gone, but better) as you see in the 2. image, but i can`t render the flythrough as it crashes because ram...
    would be thankful for suggestions
    Attached Files

maybe re-model the mesh, it looks like something funky is going on with it
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

don`t think so, as i have no problems with the screen scale.
      i also see the effect in other glassobjects, but not that strong.
      Last edited by max montana; 02-07-2009, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Hi there

I've got similiar problem. Any idea what makes the pure white dots? At the beginning I thought it was reflection, but than I found out it wasn't. Erm and I don't mean to hijack the thread, I can move to my own, but what for, it's the same problem . I added render as a pattern.
        Attached Files

Comment

try using a filter that isnt a sharpening filter.
          Try quadratic or area.
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by uplink View Post
            I've got similiar problem.
            Have you tried turning on the Sub-pixel mapping

Comment

Originally posted by rmejia View Post
              Have you tried turning on the Sub-pixel mapping
              I did. Thank You for Your suggestion, but it didn't just solve it. But Thank You anyway.

Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
              try using a filter that isnt a sharpening filter.
              Try quadratic or area.
              This almost did it, but it just did the bigger white space. I try to exchange the antialiasing filters and try more renders. But the white dots are still present. I guess those are some reflections or something, though they are a bit illogical.

Thank You very much guys, I try those filters and update my reply,

Regards,

Brano

//edit:

So I tried all the antialiasing filters, also some other options and switches but none work :/. I tried to turn on IL, but it just looked really bad and was rendering for 45 minutes just a few squares of the scene. Hmm...any other ideas? :/
              Last edited by uplink; 06-07-2009, 04:17 AM. Reason: addi

Comment

are you using vray sun?
                if so, did you try to set it to "invisible"?

Comment

Originally posted by Joost Ink View Post
                  are you using vray sun?
                  if so, did you try to set it to "invisible"?
                  Is v-ray sun turned on by default? If so, where can I turn it off? The only light in the scene is one omni light, none-v-ray omni light. Can this cause the trouble? I try to turn it off...but than the scene goes dark

//edit: It has definitly has to do something with the light. When I delete the only omni light in the scene, half of the dots goes away, half stays. Any idea how to configure omni light? In the screenshot is my configuration:

Last edited by uplink; 06-07-2009, 05:23 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Have you tried using a VRayLight type Sphere, rather than a Max standard light.

Comment

Originally posted by rmejia View Post
                      Have you tried using a VRayLight type Sphere, rather than a Max standard light.
                      Now I tried it. It sorta messes up my scene. I tried to change radius and multiplier so far, but it only gets worse. Any idea how to set up VrayLight type Sphere so it will actually do the same result as omni light? I can setup basics, but about the advanced stuff I've no idea. Am still newbie to v-ray. I attached some screenshots so You can see my result. I rendered three screens. One using 50 multiplier one using 128 [preset] and the last one using screened settings as shown below. And when I set it up to 1 and huge radius, I get the same scene faultyness as author of this thread : / hmm...

[will add light settings asap, I'll try some hocus-pocus for a while ]

//edit #1: I also hyped up global subidivisions multiplier and I set the lights subdivisions to 30 and still no effect : /
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by uplink; 07-07-2009, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by max montana View Post
                        hi there, i face the problem that i can`t get rid of the white dots in the glass balustrade of the staircase.
                        i make a fly through animation with precalculated irr. map and light cache, according to the tutorial in the vary documentation.
                        therefore i have set the scale of the LC to world, and thats my problem.
                        i have no white dots in the glassbalustrade when i render a single frame with "screen" and settings 1000/0,03. with world and the same settings i get the rendering with the white dots you see attached.
                        with much higher settings 10000/0,005 i get a better result(dots not gone, but better) as you see in the 2. image, but i can`t render the flythrough as it crashes because ram...
                        would be thankful for suggestions
                        yo max I solved Your problem. In v-ray settings set global multiplier to 8-16, it's hardcore but it solves the trouble bulletproof

Comment

Working...
                        X