Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displacement subdivs

Hi,
    I have this scene where displacement is set and works fine. But this one object, a very long road that goes through the settlement, just doesn't do vraydisplacement. First, increasing the value 50-100 showed me that it IS working, but the texture is stones (like those old Roman pathways) and the road just gets globally displaced, no details. Like I've expanded it with displacement. The object itself is a spline that has a sweep on it and sweep is generating map coordinates. The road has nice subdivisions on it, so it should work properly but it doesn't. I kinda think the problem is size, it's 900x11000. Could that be the case?
    www.hrvojedesign.com

Does the object have proper UVW coordinates? Also, is this 2d or 3d displacement?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes, it got its coordinates from Sweep, I needed that because it's a curved road and I wanted the texture to follow. Since the texture is following, it has correct UVW, I'm guessing.

I tried both 2D and 3D, what would you recommend? When it works.
      www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Not sure then; would be best if you can get us the object in a .max scene to vray@chaosgroup.com so that we can check it out.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok. I tried to just merge the object into an empty scene, and I did get some distortions there, but not in the original scene. So I'll send you the original scene, all other objects are deleted, and I just put some random MAX texture so you have it also.
          www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Working...
          X