DR Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR Problem

i have the problem, that in the scene i work on at the moment, the scene is not transferred to the render server.
    i used dr in my last 4 projects and everything worked fine. now i reuse one of this scenes where dr worked yet, i checked with asset tracking that all path`s are network paths, launch the dr spawner on both pc`s, enable dr and check that both pc`s are there in the server list(with correct id numbers).....
    i also pinged my pc`s wizh each other to check the network connection.
    but the scene is only transfered to the renderclient.
    also remarkable: when i had problems with a renderslave before, i got an error message in the vraylog window, but now nothing is written there about the render server.

what am i doing wrong?
    can the different number of cores be the cause for the problem?
    render client: corei7(8 cores) , render server: xeon e5320(4 cores)
    in light cache, number of passes i used 8
    Last edited by max montana; 07-10-2009, 11:54 PM.

solved the problem.
    as i used my pc last week in another network i forgot to change the workgroup.

Comment

Ok, good to know that it is solved.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

at the moment i get all more or less all scenes working with DR, but with one scene i struggle for days. the scene exists only of trees, has 6.5 millions of polys, in asset tracking everything on network path.
        when i render, i see in the messages window, that both render servers are recogniced, but the scene is not transfered to the render slave and only the render server of the render client renders the scene.
        but i don`t get any error message.
        when i hide 10% of the trees and try it again, dr works.
        can`t imagine i run out of ram, as i rendered scenes with much higher polygoncounts under dr with these 2pc`s yet.

render client: 12gb ram , render server: 8gb ram

can it be that the different numbers of cores of render node and render server causes dr problems, as described i this post?
        http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ad.php?t=47273
        Last edited by max montana; 12-10-2009, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X