Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsmax 2010 often crashes :(

Hello…
    i just purchased the 3dsmax 2010 and install it… i use Vray, Vray RT, and vray scatter of plugins…(have all the licences)
    i am working on some interior scene and max if often crashes… sometimes when i try to open the old file from max 2008, sometimes when i try to save a file, sometimes when Vray Rt is on, and then i am working in the viewport…
    some very strange situations… the files are not stable…
    the scene have like 2 milions of polys which is not so big…
    however i have i7 processor, with 12GB of ram, Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT graphic card…
    now i switch to OPEN GL mode, and will see how does it work..

i have installed both hot fixes from autodesk.. (before that was very slow, because of Bitmap page- now i disable it)…

Please Help, because i need stable software…

Thanks…

vray scatter made my max crash all the time. Once I removed it I stopped crashing.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

yes, but max 2008 didnt crash with scatter...
      are you sure that is a scatter thing???

thanks for answering maybe you save me...

Comment

it was for me. I would remove plug-in until it stops crashing. MAX is pretty stable; it is the plug-in that make it crash. the color correct plug-in has brrn a big crash causer for a lot of people. Do you have that installed?
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

hey...
          nope, just Vray + Vray RT, and Vray scatter... nothing else.. nothing else is good enough!!!

so... hope that works, couse i was getting crazy today.. max crashes like 20 times, i get 10 recovery files and it keeps crashes... but i have lot of vray scatter in the file.. carpet, grass... lots of things...

hm.. will try tommorow..

i read somewhere taht there is a Graphic card issue with max 2010?? some of them are not suppprted, so i thought that there is a problem with Graphics drivers...
          anyway, thanks again...

Comment

its hard to be exact in this case to help you with your crashing. Can you reproduce it? if so maybe that can lead you to a specific thing. I would suggest to check you ram. Bad ram can be a number one cause of crashing. Besides that, does other software behave normally? have you had this many crashes in previous max versions/vray.
            Dmitry Vinnik
            Silhouette Images Inc.
            ShowReel:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

max 2010 has been the most stable version for me ever...i woudl suggest reistalling, installing all the SPs and hotfixes, Connectivityx extension etc... and go from there slowly installing 3rd party software to try to eliminate the bug....you can instal vray first cos that doesnt crash at all ))))
              Martin
              http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

maybe graphic card drivers cause that crashes ...

Comment

Thanks for answering...

previous (2 moths ago) i had 3dsmax 2008.. i have 9 computers in my studio, and it crashes sometimes on really big files (but thats normal).. just from time to time...

after that... during the new years holidays, we decited to format all the c: drives because we r doing that from time to time and put new fresh install of everything we need..
                  so i purchased the ne 2010 max, and install it.. i did 2 projects last week (exterior scenes) and it crashes just few times (but thats also a lot)...
                  now i am making this interior scene with lot of scatter, few proxies (not much).. like 2 mil of polygons- nothing special... usuall settings BF+LC..
                  and its crashing while i am working in the viewport.. while i try to save when RT is running (i have to close RT to save it normal) it crashed while rendering.. very strange..

Comment

ok... today i reinstall max 2010 and install it from beggining... also install Vray and Vray RT (but i didnt install Vray scatter).. i install all the hotfixes and update Nvidia driver...
                    and i rendered two scenes... but with one crash..
                    still dont understand whats the issue with these crashes.. it crash when i open the file, and in viewport i change view from cam to front and zomm a little.. in that point max crashes this time..
                    so, there is no rule.. for now, it crashes on render, in the viewport, on save, when using Vray Rt.. dont know what to dooooooooo???????

Comment

have you turned off your view cube? I remember that being an issue.
                      Bobby Parker
                      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

nope, where do i turn that off??

Comment

since youre getting crashes with big scenes and proxies...have you actually tried testing your memory sticks?
                          Martin
                          http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Such random crashes typically indicate some kind of hardware issue - either bad RAM, or CPU overheating, or video card issues; it would be best to check these components to see if there are any problems.

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ok, is there any free software which can test my hardware components??

Comment

Working...
                              X