No announcement yet.

3dsmax 2010 often crashes :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Views menu go to ViewCube > Properties, then in the Display Options group turn off Show the ViewCube. I've added "Toggle ViewCube Visibility" to my quad menu because I actually like the "home" feature of the viewcube. For large scenes, it turns out this new feature can impact viewport performance and so I recommend that you remove this functionality completely. You can do this by renaming the file AutoCamMax.gup to AutoCamMax.gup.bak. Close 3ds Max first, and then find the root installation ( the default location is under \Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\stdplugs). To reinstate this feature, just rename the plugin back to it's original name by removing the .bak.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I recently (yesterday) installed new drivers (Nvidia Quadro FX3500). That fixed
      all my 2010 viewport problems.

Comment

lol at least you got it sorted...anyway
        if you want to test your comp, either use PRIME or ORTHOS to put some serions stress on your HW....also run it overnight and have a fire extinguisher ready by your bed ))
        Martin
        http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

hello!!!
          i have done testing with prime- no errors, with memtest86+ - no errors, with 3DMark- no errors, with furmark- no errors, with sandra- no errors...
          i have been testing hardware for two days... everything is good.. i have updated my nvidida drivers (download last driver exe and install it)...
          i got support from autodesk and they told me following:
          You mentioned using Vray in previous email.
          Please do the following:
          -uninstall 3ds max.
          -after uninstall, manually delete the 3dsmax folder left back here:
          C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010
          -reboot
          -login to a true Administrator account
          -disable All firewalls and antivirus programs
          -reninstall 3ds Max 2010
          -do NOT install any 3rd party plugins like V-Ray, for the first day.
          -use 3ds max and see if it is stable.
          Note these links:
          http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9241177
          Note part about Change Graphics mode below:
          http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1108467
          Remember that certain 3rd party plugins may interfere with 3ds max stability.
          Thats why I ask that you run max for 1 or 2 days with NO 3rd party plugins.
          If , after adding plugins, you note max is unstable, then contact the 3rd party plugin makers
          and inform them. You might also want to update to any plugin versions approved for latest 3ds max versions.

Be sure you remove antivirus, just for testing, as I have seen some interfere with max.
          Also, yes uninstall max completely, delete max folder after uninstall.
          Its ok, as the license is stored elswhere.
          Please do **not** install 3rd party plugins during first day of reinstall + testing stability.
          Also, disable any firewalls, disk protection, scanning or other background programs like
          Outlook, Adobe, Internet Explorer,..etc, just in case certain conflicts are happening.

so, now i will do all that and see...

Comment

Working...
          X