Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HANG/CRASH When starting render whilest 'Save or Save as' command is in opperation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HANG/CRASH When starting render whilest 'Save or Save as' command is in opperation

If save or save as is in progress and render button is pressed... The light cache just hangs......and you need to use Task manager to quit. AND it often currupts the file

It only seems to happen on bigger files and not always repeatable.

Settings-----
    Light cache Secondary- IRRad as primary
    SP5
    Max 2008
    XP pro 64 Sp2

Is it a max or Vray thing???

Cheers

Hm, you should not be able to start a render at all while a file save is in progress; this is something that 3ds Max should take care of... but in any case, it can be expected that something odd will happen.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Vlado!! [Do you ever sleep???]

I expected that it was something I wasn't supposed to do...[Naughty boy!]

I guess I just have to learn to be more patient.

Thanks

Comment

This same exact thing actually happens to me quite a bit too. I noticed the other day that max did a quick save every time I hit render, but sometimes that save would lead to the light cache hanging.

Comment

Crap...I just had to say something. Here is a screen shot of both rendering and saving at the same time. By the way, I did not ask max to save, I only hit the render button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	error01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	843583

Comment

I've also had this problem happen to me. Pretty often actually. In fact I developed the habit of saving copies of my scene just before I start test rendering because it WILL corrupt my scene when the "Save" occurs doing the Light Cache process.

Comment

I'm agree with the others. It's a very annoing dangerous strange behaviour.

I think it's a stupid question but I prefer do it anyway.
              Is there a method to check if 3dsmax is saving when we press render button??
              As alternative, is it possible to create a VrayRenderButton that do this??

Comment

Working...
              X