VRayFur is being created on the back of the normals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayFur is being created on the back of the normals

Whenever I'm creating a VRayFur object in this scene, it always gets created on the backside of the normals of the object it should be on (in this case eyebrows).

Which wouldn't be a huge problem, but I'm using the vrayfurstyler and I have to paint on the backside at this rate. Is there a workaround?

Thanks Vlado/et all
    -Colin
    Colin Senner

Are you sure your normals are pointing the right way??? ......importing meshes from other programs can screw up normals very easily & if your viewport is showing 2 sided then you won't even know until you check 'Show normals' on an edit mesh.

I have never seen vray fur doing this befor with things I create INSIDE max.
    But I do have a lot a fliped normals when importing meshes.

Hope this helps

Comment

Hrm, thanks for the tip 3DMK. With show normals on, it shows them the correct way, but the mesh I'm using was imported from zbrush so it is probably related to that. Let me see if I can get it working and get back to you.
      Colin Senner

Comment

Yes, that was the issue...how frustrating. I'm using plane objects for eyebrows and it's annoying to say the least. Any chance on how I can fix it with the original imported geometry? (obj format)
        Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by MoonDoggie View Post
          Yes, that was the issue...how frustrating. I'm using plane objects for eyebrows and it's annoying to say the least. Any chance on how I can fix it with the original imported geometry? (obj format)
          I have never used Z-brush so I'm not sure about their exporter but when you export/import an OBJ in max you have the option to tick normals so I'm guessing that should control/fix the normals if your given these options in Z-brush.[Fingers Crossed!]

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X