Dark areas with SSS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark areas with SSS2

Hello, I am using sp5 have the prepass id set correct for my materials, but am getting some strange effects on hands and ears using SSS2. I am sure it is a simple setting, but I for the life of me can't figure it out. I can't really change the scatter radius seperate for the ears and hands from the rest though. See images and settings.
    Attached Files

Im not an expert on SSS2 but have you tried adjusting the scale setting ? Also, im wondering if you should have the scatter gi ticked as that can make a lot of difference to the final look...obviously only if you are using GI in your scene.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I would tweak your SSS2 settings with a single light on black background to get the settings right (you should try my script "Tweaker" to do figure out what the settings do ). I had a test old man head a while back and I posted my settings. It looks like you have a whole bunch of ambient light and it's hard to gauge the settings with so much light imho.

-Colin
      Colin Senner

Comment

Thanks, will try.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Do you use a map in the diffuse or overall color slot? I am not right now, but wondering if you did.

Comment

I used it like the thread says in the overall color slot, but have heard I should put it in the diffuse slot. I can't figure it out exactly
            Colin Senner

Comment

Working...
            X