Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing problem

Hello.

I've just reinstalled windows 7 64, 3d max 2011, vray and vray rt on my two machines.
    I've configured a home group in windows 7 for the net.

Workstation1 (192.168.1.100) has the dongle plugged acting as license server. In this machine everything work fine.
    The license server in this machine point to localhost:30304

In workstation2 (192.168.1.104) I`ve configured the license to point to 192.168.1.100:30304. But this not seem to work. I obtain the kown "couldn't obtain a license" message in 3d max.

But more extrange is this message I obtain whe I try to render throug backburner.

What can I do?
    Attached Files
    www.gaell.com

Sorry, I've just realized that the problem was the dammed windows firewall.

Everything working fine now.
    www.gaell.com

Comment

Ok, glad it works now

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Didnt want to start a new thread. Im having problems with my license too. It occasionally spits out a "couldn't obtain a license". I have turned off all my Windows 7 firewalls. This happens from time to time. (Also got DR problems with missing textures from the render slaves too). All works fine in windows XP 64.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Can you tell me what is the error code after the "could not obtain license" message?

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Error code 1000
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Do you get a delay before this message comes out? I've been able to reproduce this a few times here, but I'm not sure it's the same problem.

You can also try restarting the license server and see if this helps.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Yes, I think there is a delay.

I have the license server running as a service at the moment...so would I have to unregister it and then re-register and start it ?
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

No, just go to the Services applet in the Control Panel, find the V-Ray license service, right-click it, select Stop, and then Start.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

ok done that. As I said, the license error only comes up from time to time...probably once or twice every week. Shall I start another thread regarding my issues with DR and maps ?
                    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

They might be related; there could be something strange in Windows 7 regarding network connections. Other than Windows firewall, do you use any antivirus software?

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Yes, I use AVAST. Ive always used it with windows xp and had no problems. By the way, now Ive restarted the service and sent a new image to render, DR is now saying "192.168.0.xxx is not responding", and then, "render complete" even though my main workstation is still rendering. I have all 4 render slaves with the same message.
                        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I just checked the VRAY log on one of the render slaves and it said error code -209 (could not obtain license).
                          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

The only way I can get DR working properly again is to restart my main workstation. Pain in the arse !
                            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
                              I just checked the VRAY log on one of the render slaves and it said error code -209 (could not obtain license).
                              Ok, odd; next time you get this error, can you open a web browser and type
                              Code:
                              http://licenseserver:30304/getlog
                              where licenseserver is the IP address or name of the machine where the license server is running, and send me the resulting log file to vlado@chaosgroup.com?

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Working...
                              X