Mutli\sub-object material and matte properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutli\sub-object material and matte properties

I was wondering if there would be any support for the multi\sub-object material when using matte properties? Im using a lot the multi\sub-object mat when I have complex scene with a lot of object, I rather attached different part of a building for instance rather than grouping all my stuff, seems easier on the render as the render tree is less complex and I found it easier to manage big scene that way than grouping, opening the group to change adjust etc.....

When I need to render things seperatly using matte properties the multi\sub-object seems to screwed up the colors in the reflections\refraction.

Hope its possible in a near futur? If not just wondering why?

Anyone from chaos can give an answer on this?Vlado?

Comment

Can you show me more precisely what you want to do - if you have a simple scene, it would be great.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

When I have animated object, wich I render seperatly, I use the matte properties to occluded my animated object(matte object on, alpha -1.0) If my animated object as reflections, refractions, you can see in thoses reflections, refractions the screwed up mutli sub-object mat from the rest of the scene, seems to have bright color as a results of the matte multi-sub-object material. I tried to do a simple scene to reproduce the problem I had and it was ok, I could'nt reproduce the effect, Maybe I had one of those exceptions...Im not too sure anymore...Ill keep an eye on this situaton and ill come back on the subject if needed, thx anyway for the answer Vlado.

Comment

Working...
        X