PSD Manager and Reflective IDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSD Manager and Reflective IDs

We are trying to output masks of materials so we can tweak them in post production. Using PSD manager we cannot get the reflected elements to come up in the selection of the materials it is reflecting. CEBAS said PSD manager will save whatever the 3DS Max frame buffer sees. So, how do we get Vray to generate IDs for the materials that are being reflected?

Set up a Material ID in the Shader and activate MatID`s in PSD Manager -> Seperate G-Buffer Material Effects Output: on and type in the MatID's you want
    Last edited by Olli96; 18-11-2010, 02:18 AM.
    www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Ollie, thanks for the response. We already did that and we get the correct masks for the IDs we want. My point is the materials that are in the reflections are not getting selected. Say we have two or three materials visible in a chrome vase, those materials are not being selected. Any suggestions?

Comment

Ah ok, i see what you mean. I dont think thats possible with the psd manager. You could ask cebas tho...
        www.short-cuts.de

Comment

I asked CEBAS, and they told me with Final Render materials it is possible. Whatever the Frame Buffer sees, PSD manager will record. So the question for you and Vlado is:

Does Vray recognize material IDs on reflected/refracted surfaces?

Comment

Working...
          X