No announcement yet.

Vray 2.0 - Vray RT problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok then, you are running out of GPU memory on one of the GPUs (most likely the one also used as primary display adapter). Unfortunately V-Ray RT does not print the total GPU memory usage (it doesn't know it) - the number that you see is for the CPU only and does not include the entire scene, but you can monitor this using tools like EVGA precision, which will also include GPU memory used by other programs, including Windows.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ok. so would that mean I just reduce GPU texture size ?
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

If you are using Windows 7/Vista you can also turn off the Aero theme, which will free more RAM on the display GPU. Reducing the texture size, and/or the ray bundle size/rays per pixel may also help.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Ok, will try those out. Thanks.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Right. Ive still got problems with VrayRT. I tried a number of things last night. I went back to the older 258.96 drivers as I read people had had better success with them but to no avail. Im getting the error message that I got before, but the thing is that my scene is mainly geometry (albeit a lot of it) and hardly any textures. I also tried in SLI mode with the older drivers and it actually worked but was very slow to update and my whole system slowed down to an almost non usable state. So im really not sure what to do. I find it hard to believe that a scene where I have mainly geometry cant work with 2 gts480's that have 2gb each.

Any ideas ? I can send the scene across if you need me to.
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Yes, a scene would certainly be helpful to see if there isn't something else going on.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Ive sent the scene to your email via yousendit. The link should come through shortly. Thanks for taking a look.
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                X