• Show
Clear All

OK I was finally able to reproduce it following these steps:
    -Opened Max
    -Imported a model
    -Opened material editor
    -Selected get materials
    -Under scene Materials selected desired material

This is when the Vray Sun 2 appears, this only appears to happen once per Max session or at least I can only get it to reliably happen the first time I import an object and select it's materials. When I try and make it happen after the first time it won't work and it behaves as it should, I can send you the scene if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by devin View Post
      OK I was finally able to reproduce it following these steps:
      -Opened Max
      -Imported a model
      -Opened material editor
      -Selected get materials
      -Under scene Materials selected desired material

This is when the Vray Sun 2 appears, this only appears to happen once per Max session or at least I can only get it to reliably happen the first time I import an object and select it's materials. When I try and make it happen after the first time it won't work and it behaves as it should, I can send you the scene if you wish.
      Devin/Vlado, this recreates it for me too, except I get 3 Vray suns right on top of each other. This happens in max 2010 and 2011, vray 1.5 and 2.0.

Comment

ok im getting the same problem.. have a simple scene with a vray sun and sky (not manually linked) and a couple of objects including a vray plane.

i add a map to my vray material (first time was edges tex, now distance tex) and hit render.. blam its super bright.. i look and i have another sun with the same name as the first in the scene. delete the extra sun and carry on.. add another map, and boom, another sun with same name is created.. very strange. i didnt do any importing or anything.. simple as can be.

max 2011, vray 2.0

tried re-opening max and the file, still happening.

Comment

Today when I simply selected an object that already had a vray material assigned and assigned a new one to it the sun magically appeared. At the time I was using the render region function in the VFB and I changed it size before I hit render but I don't think that had anything to do with the sun creation. It always seems to appear when I'm manipulating materials in some way, but it doesen't happen all the time.

Comment

Been happening to me lately too - also with importing models. Thought I was just being an idiot This scene also had a sun/vray sky at one point, but the sun is deleted. Vray sky is still in the scene and is set to "specify sun node" because the sun was originally used to set the look of the sky map.

/b
            Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
            e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
            X