Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instanced animated V-ray proxy problem - consumes all the available RAM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instanced animated V-ray proxy problem - consumes all the available RAM!

I have to make a representation of a series of animated dendrites. I made a grow thingy using Pflow spawning a series of spheres (see attached image). Since it's a constantly changing geometry, the only way to kind of bake the animation/mesh was through an animated v-ray proxy. The process went fine, and the proxy size was about 700 Mb for a 300 frame animation.

Everything looked fine until I instanced a few copies. It renders fine with a single proxy, and it also render fine with a bunch of instances on the last frame of the animation.

But if I try to render any frame in between, the buckets doesn't move, ad the RAM usage maxes out in a few seconds till my system comes unresponsible! The render window dialog states: "rendering image" without any loading/unloading geometry notice.

From what I understand about animated v-ray proxies, the system should pick the appropriate mesh from the proxy file of the given frame?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by king_max; 05-05-2011, 11:11 AM.

Which V-Ray version is this? Are you sure you instanced the proxies?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

latest v-ray build. I tried rendering the scene both on max 2009 and max 2011

Comment

Working...
      X