Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 1.5sp6 and 3ds Max 2012

Vlado,

in the post http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...6-amp-max-2012)

you mention that nitrous is not supported in 1.5 in a response to why someone wasn't able to see there materials in the viewport. I am a bit confused by this as I am running the 2012 trial and vray 1.5 sp6 and I can see vray materials in the viewport with 3ds max default lights, vray plane and vray sphere lights. With vray dome and vray sun/sky the materials show up as black in the viewport. any help would be greatly appreciated.

So the problem is not the materials, but that the V-Ray sun and the dome light do not work in the viewport?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      So the problem is not the materials, but that the V-Ray sun and the dome light do not work in the viewport?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      um...? I guess? All I know is that for me if the scene is illuminated by vray dome all materials, even 3ds max standard and objects without material, show up black in the viewport. I retract what i said about the vray sun light. it appears the when vray sun in in the scene without vray dome then materials display.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the clarifications; will look into it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Is there any chance the vray dome light can behave like the standard 3dsmax skylight when in nitrous realistic mode? It lights the scene as a directional light from the top, and generates a nice shadow. In addition, the parameters on standard lights that controll how a shadow is displayed in the nitrous viewport (map size, bias etc.) are great when working on large scenes, otherwise the displayed realtime shadows are really lores.
          Signing out,
          Christian

Comment

Working...
          X