Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray spawner dropping connection and restarting in an endless cycle

hello!

as already mentioned in another thread, it seems some other people had this problem as well, so what could cause this troubles? one of our DR clients is running stable and the other one refuses any connection since we upgraded to max 2012. it gets the scene transfered and a few moments later it cancels with "does not respond" and restarts again till the rendering is complete, the mentioned machine not contributing anything to the final image. we had a network with up to five machines running rocksolid with max 2010 and DR, it´s only max 2012 which causes this kind of trouble... as mentioned in the other thread we deactivated the drspawner of the old version (in our case the drspawner2010).

nobody has any thought on this? will try further and also with other scenes, if this doesn´t work we will have to revert back to max 2010, as angry as i am about that. could very well be our fault or the fault of max 2012, or is it vray!? i can´t figure it out which drives me crazy.

best regards,

christoph.

christoph koehler
    -----------------------------------------------------
    cy architecturevisualization.
    www.cy-architecture.com
    visit us on facebook!
    www.facebook.com/cyarchitecturevisualization

well, after a few days of raised eyebrows and troubleshooting, we got the problem. turns out it had something to do with a windows update and the client licence tool (re)set to a network adress not available... so, with fingers crossed, i think the case is closed and the problem solved! now i can sleep sound again, even with a few bigger renderjobs coming up, as everything seems to run smooth with max 2012 at last.

christoph.
    Last edited by greysheep5; 26-07-2011, 06:33 AM.

christoph koehler
    www.cy-architecture.com
    visit us on facebook!

Comment

I'm just now having this issue too. Can you tell me which windows update caused your issue?

Comment

in our case, it was just the fact that not all the machines were on the same win7 update level i guess, for some reason this one machine left out win7sp1 install for example. and of course my fault that something apparently went wrong with the adress of the licence server! how that could happen i don´t know, because the computer is not only a render slave but a workstation which is in (if not every day) use and seemed to work fine a few days back... whatever. hope you have more luck locating the problem!

just be sure that a max standalone starts without problems and that vray can access a licence. even if the render dialog didn´t tell me, i think most of the trouble was because of vray not being able to locate the licence server and the right dongle.

best regards,

christoph.
        Last edited by greysheep5; 26-07-2011, 09:05 AM.

christoph koehler
        www.cy-architecture.com
        visit us on facebook!

Comment

Located issue and resolved. Thanks! Network address changed on main workstation somehow. Slaves now see it. All is good.

Comment

Working...
          X