Shademap problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shademap problems

After rendering a shademap pass, my main renderpass with both cameras appears to be not loading the shadepass for the render elements.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sm_problem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	873374

In the image attached, you can see the global illumination pass on the right for the shademap prepass. Once this has rendered I change the stereo helper from "render shademap" to "use shademap". The result is what you can see on the left. It appears the stereo helper isn't using the correct values for the global illumination render element, but where vray is calculating the parts not stored in the shademap the global illumination render element is showing the correct values.

Am I doing something wrong? Most of my settings are at default, ie reuse=1.0. No AA. GI is using the saved IRmap.

Any help appreciated!
    Cheers
    p.
    Many Thanks
    Patrick

The bizarre thing is that the RGB pass appears to match between the prepass and the mainpass. I'm not quite sure how the render elements can be different when the RGB passes match up correctly!
    p.
    Many Thanks
    Patrick

Comment

For the shadepass prepass, do I need to set the view to either left or right rather than both?

For the render above, I left the view setting to both for both the prepass and final render.
      Many Thanks
      Patrick

Comment

Bump, can anyone confirm this problem with GI/lighting render elements when using the shademap?
        Cheers
        p
        Many Thanks
        Patrick

Comment

Can you attach the scene for this issue or send it to me?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado,
            I've emailed the files.
            Cheers.
            p.
            Many Thanks
            Patrick

Comment

Working...
            X