Animated Sun on a exterior scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animated Sun on a exterior scene

Hi whats the best way to animate a vray sun moving through the day....i am testing animation re-pass & render but it looks quite long winded...has anyone had any experience and could guide me to a quicker solution

thanks

Use MAX's sun daylight system, and animate it. VRay is linked to MAX's system. Change the Sunlight to VRaySun, and disable the Skylight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-10-18_1044.png
Views:	1
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	844591
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

yeah i have done all that bud...just wondering regarding the settings for rendering as i am getting some interesting results

Comment

For exteriors give brute force and lc a go - the flicker associated with animated gi is often caused by irmap samples re arranging themselves between frames. Brute force doesn't suffer from this since it's per pixel and LC is generally a soft method where flicker is blurred out anyway. The other nice thing about exteriors is that a lot of the samples fired from the camera hit an objects and immediately bounce off into the sky whereas they'd be trapped in an interior leadig vray to do much more work.

Brute force and LC can be very quick on exteriors and the nice thing is that once you get the grain to a level acceptable for you, you don't really worry about render fliicker or other glitches.

Comment

ok thankyou for that i will give that a go....i rendered 100 frames last night and all worked fine really but i had to render each frame as i would normally do for a still image i.e. light cache and irr map per frame..is there a faster solution like doing a normal animation and rendering every nth frame ??

Comment

Not for brute force, no. It doesn't save any kind of solution unfortunately. It is a slightly slower method when compared to IRmap but for animation stuff where irmap would cause a problem, the benefit you get is that as soon as the image is good enough in terms of noise, you let the render run and don't worry about lighting glitches.

Comment

Working...
            X