"Vray Standalone has stopped working"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Vray Standalone has stopped working"

Yesterday I installed a new EVGA 3gb GTX580 with the expectation of being able to use Vray RT for gpu renderings. After installing the GTX 580 I downloaded and installed the latest drivers from Nvidia. Then, after rebooting the PC, I started 3ds Max and set the Vray RT engine to OpenCL (single kernel). When rendering to the Active Shade window, Vray RT reports progress in the window but stalls at "Waiting for image data". This brings up a Windows 7 (64) error message stating "Vray Standalone has stopped working".

Is this a known problem and is there a fix for it? My software/operating system is 3ds Max 2012 SP 2 with Vray Adv 2.10.01 on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
    Last edited by darbo; 11-12-2011, 10:39 AM.

It is a known issue; it is fixed for the upcoming service pack later this week, but if you do not wish to wait, please email us to vray@chaosgroup.com and our support guys will get you a temporary build with a fix.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thank you! I'll look forward to the upcoming service pack as it is made available.

Comment

Oh! Great! And I thought I am alone with this RT bug... ;o)
        zwischendrin.com - HDRI panoramas, HD textures, stock images, SFX and more

Comment

Working...
        X