render nodes - failed to receive irradiance map (3) error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• render nodes - failed to receive irradiance map (3) error

Never recieved this error before installing the update of vray. DR buckets for render nodes just render black...even after restarting vrayserver on each node.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

It seems restarting my main system has resolved the problem. Not sure why it was doing that. Im working with a fairly heavy scene but it could still connect to the render nodes.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

New problem with DR. They start rendering and then suddenly drop from their connection, then join again and drop...this keeps repeating. None of this used to happen until I installed the vray update.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I feel like im talking to myself here but just to let you know that I've gone back to the previous version of vray and everything works fine now so its definitely something to do with the update.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Posting because I don't want you to feel alone, I've been following the thread waiting for more info.

I'm having similar issues on the farm. I can set up a farm machine to render the IR maps in prepass mode, but when I set a net render job out to the farm in animation - rendering mode none of the slaves can read the maps. Bummer... (yes they're all set to 2.20.02)

Rendering locally works fine though...

Comment

Also noticing that sometimes I sent a range of frames for pre-pass rendering such as -5 to 498, and for some reason the job on backburner thinks I only sent an 8 frame job. Doesn't happen every time though... removing job and resubmitting fixes it.

EDIT: Now some jobs just have "unexpected errors" and don't render at all on the farm... again pre-pass rendering.
            Last edited by Deflaminis; 21-12-2011, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Hi guys - I think I managed to reproduce this issue by accident.
              If the render is being canceled during the IM calc. stage render nodes fail to receive IM for some reason.
              I'll log this case into our system and I'll let you know when we have some updates.
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
              X